[DeTomaso] help - billet bottle bracket

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jul 17 15:37:31 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/17/10 11:24:55 AM, artstephens at verizon.net writes:

> This was a two man job due to the
> mounting design.  I used all kinds of tape to hold everything in place in
> order to mount it by myself,  major pain in the ass.

I did it myself without any difficulty.   Just marked the location for the
first hole (scribing through the bracket), then drilled the first hole.
Slid the bolt through the bracket, reached around behind and installed a nut
loosely.   Rotated the bracket into position, scribed the second hole.
Rotated it out of position, drilled the second hole, rotated it back into
position, slid the second bolt through, reached around behind and installed the
second nut.   Then got out of the engine bay, and tightened the nut with one
wrench while holding the bolt with an allen wrench.   From start to finish
the job took under 10 minutes....

Of course my engine wasn't in the car at the time, which may have impacted
the situation slightly. :>)