[DeTomaso] Team Pantera of Long Island

JJD1010 at aol.com JJD1010 at aol.com
Sat Jul 17 09:37:08 EDT 2010

Well said! Do what you can and enjoy the ride.

Jeff in Dallas
6559

In a message dated 7/16/2010 10:29:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
msm at portata.com writes:

Hi  Boyd,

POCA chapters, like any social group, change over time with the  mix of
people.  The level of activity and the types of activities vary  with the
people that are in the chapter at the time.  Some chapters  like racing,
some like wine tasting, and some like shows.  Some are  quiet, and some
are more active.  The Long Island chapter has been  quiet for the time
that I have been around.  It is too bad in that  there are a number of
Panteras on Long Island and in surrounding  areas.  As I recall from my
air traffic control days on LI, it was a  good area for some drives.

The lifeblood of the chapter is people  willing to step up and organize
events.  The fact that you are  enthusiastic is great. The best thing you
can do to revitalize the LI  chapter is to set up an event, invite people
from the LI chapter and from  surrounding areas such as the Jersey and
EPA chapters.  It need not be  fancy.  You could meet somewhere, go for a
drive, and have lunch or  dinner at the destination.  (Having a nice meal
at the destination is  a good way to encourage spouses to join the
event.)  You may only get  two or three cars in the first event, but when
people have fun with their  cars in a group setting, they tend to come
back and bring more people with  them.

POCA certainly supports anybody who is passionate about  supporting the
community.  If you would like to be president or events  coordinator of
the LI chapter, let's chat with Cliff, Bob, and others in  the area.  I
am sure that we can come up with a mutually agreeable  plan to move
forward.  Let's talk this weekend.  I'll contact you  off-line.

Mark