[DeTomaso] Original EURO survivor for sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jul 16 18:35:25 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/16/10 2:08:13 PM, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> Did the Euro engines really have more power in the 73-74 model years?
> Somehow I can't see DeTomaso taking the engines apart and replicating the
> Boss engines unless he charged a bunch extra, and I can't see most owners
> springing for it.

Which Euro engines are you speaking of?

The Euro L received a bone-stock 351C, exactly the same as the US-market
L-model, complete with all smog gear etc.

The GTS was a more expensive car, and with good reason.   Besides the
various trim and paint differences, the GTS was often (though not always)
equipped with a Ford Boss aluminum intake manifold, Holley 650 double-pumper
carburetor, and GTS exhaust with large-tube headers instead of the standard
Pantera manifolds.   These modifications were good for a noticeable horsepower
improvement.