[DeTomaso] Entertaining TV on Sat (no DeTomaso0

hoppe1 at cox.net hoppe1 at cox.net
Thu Jul 15 17:41:24 EDT 2010

Just a story from back in the day.

In about 1983 I was with the pantera club at riverside speedway.

We shared the track with another group that included dodge chargers (hemi) dodge daytonas and other assortment of cars.

I ran on the track with these big monsters.

I got to tell you they were really fast.  I was totally amazed.

What would happen is they had soo much horsepower that on the long straights they would blow past me.

I thought on the turns I would just be riding my brake.   They did pitch on the corners but I was really surprised that once their suspension set in the corner they would do pretty well.  I think I could out corner them but when they got to the straight they were so far ahead whatever I gained in the turn never mattered.  They were gone.

I always wanted a hemi for the street and never wanted to trade my pantera for one.  But they are fast.

Rich Hoppe