[DeTomaso] Entertaining TV on Sat (no DeTomaso0

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 14 19:25:31 EDT 2010

I don't believe that a stock 440 Charger had to be detuned to allow a stock 390 Mustang to keep up.

My sister's boyfriend had a 69 R/T Charger with a 440 Magnum.  It was a cool car, but the acceleration was not impressive.  My slightly warmed over 302 Mustang walked all over his 69 Charger.  Our 68 T-Bird with a bone-stock 429 was about dead-even with the Charger.  This was in the early 1980's.

I'm not calling you a liar, don't get me wrong.  I'm just saying it sounds like the typical trash talk that happens on the street all the time.