[DeTomaso] Entertaining TV on Sat (no DeTomaso0

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 14:56:56 EDT 2010

Hot Rod TV (channel # in your area will vary) features interviews with
Steve McQueen's son Chad and sequences on making the Bullitt movie in S.F, this
Saturday. Even though the '68 Mustang 390 was underpowered compared to the
Dodge 440 which had to be progressively detuned so the Mustang could keep up,
the chase is still a thriller. I've driven that area several times and its
as rough as a corncob even 30 yrs later. I have a feeling both cars had bent
frames & suspension pieces after each shooting. KIds- don't try this at
home.... FWiW- J Deryke