[DeTomaso] A/C Compressor oil capacity question

mannion.info jim at mannion.info
Wed Jul 14 13:00:23 EDT 2010

I'm replacing a Sanden 508 A/C compressor in #5726 and am trying to ensure I
add the correct amount of oil to the new one. Bill Taylor's xls would
indicate 7.2 oz is the correct capacity but when I drained the new one to
get a measure of what was in it (about 3 oz) that amount was more than what
was in the old one (2.5 oz) when I drained it after removal. Given the old
one had a seal leak, it likely lost some but I don't want to overfill.
Anyone have some guideance for me on this??

Thanks in advance,

Jim

pcar #5726