[DeTomaso] FW: Line to clutch slave.

Jeff Udelson jefude at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 22:31:01 EDT 2010

When I purchased my first Pantera in 1975 Hall Pantera was my only Pantera vendor. No question too stupid. Gary had unlimited patience. Fast forward to 1994 and Gary again was a fantastic resource in my second Pantera purchase. Today Tara is also great to deal with.

Steve Wilkinson can be an old grump but he readily admits that Sandy is the nice one in the family (She is!) Steve is also a great resource when you have questions. I have never had an issue with returning or exchanging parts with them.

Dennis Quella is one of the most knowledgeable of vendors I have dealt with. A nice guy and returns phone calls. Now if he would just update his website!

Marino (Is he still with us?)  at PE  runs hot or cold. It depends on the day. He told me along time ago that” Pantera owners were a pain” (We are?)  This was after I asked about powder coating his Campy clones. But on most days he is great to deal with. You just do not always know which Marino you will get.  Like Wilkinson he is most fortunate to have a very sweet lady handling the front end of the business. I forget her name but she great.

There is one Pantera vendor whose name I will not mention. He is based in California. He sees nothing wrong with substituting parts and not notifying you. He will tell you he has a used part and than ship a new one that is 5 times the cost.

I would be remiss if I did not mention my favorite Pantera vendor, Jon Haas of Pantera Electronics. Jon has great products. He stands behind them. And is always available to help you. His installation instructions are basically idiot proof. But for those of us who
are some what mechanically challenged he will by phone walk through the installation of his products. He has even helped me with electrical issues that were not Pantera related. Jon’s only problem is his own modesty. He also only markets his products by word of mouth. If you are in the market for upgrading your Pantera’s electronics he is the only vendor to buy from.

All in all I feel we are blessed to have the venders we have. Because of their dedication to our cars we are able to keep these wonderful cars on the road. The cost of parts compared to other manufacturers is actually pretty reasonable.  I do not think that any of them have become the next Bill Gates because of our patronage. So pick the one(s) that you like and support them. Even if it does cost a little more.

My 2 cents. Now worth 1 cent. Thanks Obama!