[DeTomaso] [Fwd: Hall Pantera and the slave line

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Tue Jul 13 20:51:49 EDT 2010

I have been doing this for 15 years now.  I've done business with every
vendor.  Most of the experiences have been positive.  There has been at
least one disappointment, frustration, or other dissatisfaction with every
one of them.  Most of them are mildly annoying or even comical in
retrospect.  A few have soured me off for ever.  The bottom line is these
small businesses can't operate 6-sigma repeatable processes like Ford,
American Airlines, Google, especially for a car that has little consistency.
So you're going to have to adjust your expectations a bit and be happy that
there is any support whatsoever for the puny qty of 5000 cars that exist.
Also be prepared to make stuff fit on your own, or pay someone to make it
so, or pay a few bucks to fill the gap, or be prepared to foot the shipping
cost to return product.  Then, be happy anyway.

It is what it is.

My favorite vendor experience:  Being told the part is "a bolt-in
replacement" for the stock part, only to find out upon receipt it doesn't
fit without making an adapter.  The response to the follow-up call was, "but
then it bolts in."  Not everybody is necessarily well versed in the field of
their employment.