[DeTomaso] Autometer fuel gauge//stock fuel sender ?

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Mon Jul 12 08:56:59 EDT 2010

Ken Green skrev:
> Bud,
>
>     Bill's wiring diagrams show 200 empty to 0 ohms full.  Autometer makes a bunch of different lines of gauges.  It looks like the right one ends in 16, like the 4316 in the Ultralite series or 5716 in the Phantom series.  They are 240 empty to 33 full, so if you add a 40 ohm resister in series, I guess you'd be really close?

I've tried that, but with a VDO gauge for 240/33 ohms, and the 200 ohms
empty is not correct, it is about 2k. I added a 33 ohms resistor, and
that will make the gauge show correct when full, but it will be way off
when empty. Without the resistor it will show more than full when full,
but still less than empty when empty.

> Ken

Thomas