[DeTomaso] Speed Calculation

zumzum at cox.net zumzum at cox.net
Sat Jul 10 20:53:03 EDT 2010

Myron,
1000 RPM / 2.98 GR X 80.0' CIR / 1096 = 24.49 mph @ 1000.
Jeff

Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:12 PM
To: PANTERA GROUP (detomaso at realbig.com); Myron Zadony
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Speed Calculation

Myron,
Back in 1971 at high school, I came up with a formula that works the best for speed calculations based on rpm.
RPM divided by OVERALL GEAR RATIO times Tire Circumference divided by 1096 will equal miles per hour at 1000. rpm. ALWAYS!!!! VERY ACCURATE.
Now of course gear ratio is the combination of the trans gear and rear end.
This I believe is the best formula ever. Never found one better.
If you do not know your tire cir then use the Tire Rack charts. I hope this helps you.
Or either haul ass and have fun regardless of your speed.
Jeff Cobb
Mangusta 1196

--
Jeff Cobb