[DeTomaso] Another inquiry......... talk to me about car titles please.

Jim Gray grayjim at att.net
Thu Jul 8 16:16:59 EDT 2010

In most states you have a limited time to transfer the title to your name.
Until you do, you don't own the car.  You can insure it but you don't own it.

Just my experience with a shady dealer who took some 6-8 months to ever get me
the title.  The reason? he still had a "floor plan" type loan against it.  He
was doing this all the time for operating capital.  When the bank failed all
these missing vehicles which the bank had loans on all came to light. He spent
some time as guest of the Federal Gov't.  He never expected the bank to fail!

Jim Gray