[DeTomaso] Very Early Pantera Turn Signal Flasher Conversion

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 15:42:00 EDT 2010

Very early Panteras used a Bosch turn signal flasher module with  four
wires which has become unobtainable.

The wiring to the Bosch module can be easily moved over to activate  a
three wire standard turn signal flasher. However, the three wire standard turn
signal flasher will not support flashing the turn signal indicator lamp in
the  Pantera tach. If you are not concerned with the lack of a flashing
indicator you  can implement the conversion shown in the electrical diagram at:
_http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNAL%20FLASHER%20CONVERSION
%201%20(%20VERY%20EARLY).pdf_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNAL%20FLASHER%20CONVERSION%201%20(%20VERY%20EARLY).pdf)

If you want to preserve the flashing turn signal indicator  function, a
standard ISO automotive relay must added to the to three wire  flasher circuit.
This relay requires the addition of three wires. The relay  maybe added
after the three wire flasher conversion is implemented to make  the conversion
simpler. The diagram for this complete conversion is  at:
_http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNAL%20FLASHER%20CONVE
RSION%202%20(%20VERY%20EARLY).pdf_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/TURN%20SIGNAL%20FLASHER%20CONVERSION%202%20(%20VERY%20EARLY).pdf)

I have not personally implemented these changes as I have a late  Pantera.
If you implement these changes and encounter any problems, please let  me
know.

My thanks to Mike Dailey for hosting these diagrams at the  Panteraplace
site and to Larry Finch for helping to work out the required  changes.

Have fun now,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com