[DeTomaso] NPC: 10K Convertible Wanted

peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 8 11:15:50 EDT 2010

Have you considered the 60's Datsun roadsters? I have one (or 2) and enjoy it and have a line on another.

From: "michael at michaelshortt.com" <michaelsavga at gmail.com>
Sender: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com
Date: 	Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:03:25
To: DeTomaso Forum<detomaso at realbig.com>
Subject: [DeTomaso] NPC: 10K Convertible Wanted

I have a friend looking for an entry level convertible that he can use to
start a collection and work on himself, thus no computers onboard.
I've suggested cars that will retain value and be relatively easy to wrench
on when needed such as. TR4, TR6, Spitfire, MGB, AH Sprite, Chevy Corvair,
914 2.0,
(no interest in a Mazda Miata and no Fiats). I hesitated to suggest an Alfa
becuase of the cost of parts.
For the sake of his wife, I've sold a reasonable selection as being superior
to a Bank CD at 2%, so whatever it is needs to be something that retains or
grows in value
and won't cost a fortune to maintain. It should be fairly complete and ready
to ride, he's capable of minor mechanicals and interior mods if needed.

Any other ideas,

Michael Shortt
--

Michael L. Shortt