[DeTomaso] Safety; HANS Devices

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:51:00 EDT 2010

All this talk about safety, crashes got me curious, so I looked on eBay to
see what the price of HANS Devices has fallen to over the last few years,
now down to as low as $595, up to about $1,000.  Waaaaaay cheaper than they
used to be.

A good Helmet starts at $400.00 up to $700.00,

so for about $1,500 or a set on Michelin Pilot Sports, you can stay alive in
a bad crash with proper belts, etc.

It costs about the same to cremate your body or the typical American Funeral
comes in at $8,000.

So do yourself a favor and invest in a a good one.

As my Dad said, "If you got a $10.00 head, buy a $10.00 Helmet"

Otherwise get something that will let you be around to cry about your
crashed car
and race another day.

Michael Shortt

--