[DeTomaso] Reno Speed Trials - CANCELLED

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 30 11:11:42 EST 2010

The only drawback (and it's a significant one) is the 92db noise limit at Laguna. I don't attend available track days there for that very same reason as it's especially hard for a mid engine car to meet the limit. I believe they have something like eight noise exemptions per year, for events like the Rolex Classics etc. and last year there was an 'uncorked' track day, now if you could get one of those exemptions it would indeed be an event to be reckoned with.

I will say I do know that Larry Finch and his team worked tirelessly in trying to bring something together for 2010 and I'm confident they will be looking at all the alternatives for the future.

Locally of course we are still hopeful that RFR will reopen in some form again in the not too distant future, it would sure be a shame to have all that pavement just used by Wild Mustangs. However, rumor has it there's a p*ssing match going on between the previous operator who apparently owns the water rights out there and potential buyers as he decided he wants to build a new track across the road.... despite the fact he couldn 't make a go of the exisitng one.

Julian