[DeTomaso] Reno Speed Trials - CANCELLED

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Sat Jan 30 02:39:32 EST 2010

Julian suggested a track day, at a nearby track, on a day leading up to the
Reno Fun Rally. An alternative to Julian's suggestion would be to have a
track day, at a nearby track, on the Monday following the Fun Rally. Years
ago, the Ferrari Club of North America used to rent Laguna Seca on the
Monday following the Monterey weekend and there was always a big turn-out.
In fact, they may still do it. At one time, they even invited P.O.C.A.
members to attend. Eventually they stopped inviting Pantera participation
because there wasn't enough room for all the Ferrari owners who wanted to
use the track, or so they said. Of course, we all know the real reason they
stopped inviting Panteras; they were tired of having their butts kicked !
I'm not suggesting Laguna Seca because it's 300 miles away from Reno but
Thunderhill would be a reasonable alternative. Now, if the 2011 Fun Rally
was held in Monterey, Laguna Seca would be perfect !

Julian wrote:

"Larry,

Although we already knew in our own minds, it's still sad when it becomes
official.

Mark McWhinney sent out an e-mail about events leading up to the Fun Rally
as it's Memorial Day weekend, would there be interest in having a track
event at say Thunderhill leading up to the Fun Rally? Would it even be
possible at this point?

IMHO and personal comment for the Fun Rally organizers; if RFR is not open
for 2011 then the Fun Rally needs to return to Vegas or an alternative venue
that offers a track close by. I live in Reno and will attend anyway this
year, but wouldn't commit to attending in future if there is no track
event.... that's how strongly I think the track event is a part of the Fun
Rally.

Julian"