[DeTomaso] 15" Tires

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Thu Jan 28 08:52:37 EST 2010

I've read before that a Countach uses about 40 l/100 km when speed approaches 300 km/h. That gives a consumption of around 120 l/h. If we simply assume that going 400 instead of 300 uses (4/3)^3 times that amount of fuel (correcting for air resistance increase only) we end up at ~284 l/h. Wikipedia lists the Veyron fuel tank at 100 liters and also the 12 minute drain claim. 500 l/h is quite a bit higher than my estimate but the difference is not completely unreasonable.

Tomas