[DeTomaso] removing heater A/C

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 14:53:08 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/27/10 8:31:24 AM, doug at silicondesigns.com writes:

> If you value your radiator and heater core, I would advise against doing
> this unless you have the pressure dialed down on your compressor to 20psi
> or less.

Excellent call, Doug!   Ballooning the tubes in a radiator will result in
immediate blocked airflow & overheating, and is not repairable; the core will
be junk. Copper/brass rads are more fragile than aluminum but it can happen
to either. It sometimes happens with 23-lb racing rad caps and stronger
aluminum cores if a head gasket blows just right. The rad cap vent is just not
large enough to keep pressures below 20 psi. Good luck- J Deryke