[DeTomaso] Yet more valvetrain for 6143

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 17:16:57 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/24/10 9:28:30 PM, davel at emspace.com writes:

> I took the lifters out of #8. They seem undamaged but the polish pattern
> is different between them.
> I pulled one more to compare and it's the same as #8 exhaust, so #8 intake
> is different.
> It's below the level you can feel and way below micrometer resolution, so
> I think it's OK.

FWIW, the steel lifters are much harder than the cast iron block. I'd get a
mic' in the lifter hole if possible.... or at least stick a lifter in there
and rattle it around for a clearance check. I'd also look closely at the
foot of each lifter to see if it was wiping the mating cam lobe. Could be
worse.... Good luck- J Deryke