[DeTomaso] Yet more valvetrain for 6143

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon Jan 25 00:28:36 EST 2010

Finally got back to it this afternoon.
Pulled the intake manifold
- torque numbers were all  over the map
- manifold gasket was in backwards
    - with no seals
        - with a big gob of plastic gasket at the front
        - and nothing at the back
        - and it didn't leak (???)
So that was OK except I didn't expect it to be glued down at the front
 and after I had it all separated I tugged on it and made a good quality
cut on one finger.
And my fancy kevlar gloves were on the bench, three feet away. (gosh-darn)

I took the lifters out of #8.
They seem undamaged but the polish pattern is different between them.
I pulled one more to compare and it's the same as #8 exhaust, so #8
intake is different.
It's below the level you can feel and way below micrometer resolution,
so I think it's OK.

I was hoping to get a part number off a lifter so I knew what I had, but no.
(except they're clearly not roller)
I've posted 2 pics. so if you-who know-lifters would take a look,
maybe you could ID them for me.

Maybe get the head off tomorrow.

tks
dave