[DeTomaso] Removing Heater/AC ...

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 24 17:10:33 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/24/10 14 01 53, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> As well, how much coolant can I expect to drip out once I cut the hoses?
> They need to be replaced anyway ...

This is just a guess, but my inclination would be to pinch off the heater
hoses in the engine bay (hopefully you have heater hose shutoff valves
already installed, but if not, good vice grips sandwiching strips of wood to
protect the hoses will work, then disconnect the engine bay hoses from the pipes
going forward, open the heater valve, and elevate the nose of the car to
enable the heater core to drain.   That will hopefully allow you to then remove
the hoses in the cabin without too much mess.

I was supposed to be doing this job on a friend's Pantera this week in
fact...we'll probably get to it next week now.