[DeTomaso] Link to Russo Steele Damage pics

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 14:54:06 EST 2010

My understanding is that the Tent company did not properly erect the HUGE
tent, a big wind storm came up and it collapsed on the cars inside and those
next to it outside.

Michael Shortt

As someone who has managed many special events, the responsibility is always
yours regardless,  A proper events company would have people to oversee the
vendors
and make sure that all codes were met or exceeded.    Not knowing the
details, it's hard to know for sure, it could also be that the tent was
erected properly and that parts of the tent failed
from stress caused by the high winds.  I'm sure that's what they will claim
anyway.  I'd bet that the investigation will show if all the pipes were of
the right diameter, cables and ropes rated for the jobs and the canvass
designed for this application.  I'd bet $1,000 that metallurgical tests will
be conducted on the failed parts to look for liability at every level
available.

I am surprised that the tent didn't have some kind of blow out panels in
place to relive pressure on one side or inside for high winds, one things
for certain, if a big storm came up, there is no way that anybody could have
started stripping the sides off during the storm, they are usually well
attached and it takes a crew of several people and a bucket truck to put
these giant tents in place.