[DeTomaso] Link to Russo Steele Damage pics

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 13:38:00 EST 2010

That is just so sad, I guess the only upside is that the owners were not
super attached to these cars anyway if they were selling them.  It just
about money and insurance
coverage issues now and all the lawyers will fight it out.  The owners will
all file claims with their carriers who will pay them for damage repairs and
the insurance carriers will file claims against Russo and Steele
and all the tent makers, erectors and special events companies who will all
blame each other.  Them mediation will take place between all the lawyers
and some
agreement will be reached with percentages from each to repay the insurance
companies for their losses and make sure that the insurance company lawyers
fees are repaid as well and those won't be cheap
since that's all hourly.

I do feel sorry for any schmuck that was dumb enough to not have insurance
in place and has to wait in line behind the big boys to get paid.

R & S will come out OK, the special events person will come out OK, the tent
makers has insurance and will be OK, but I'd almost bet that the company
that erected the tent
and/or rented it would be the most likely to be DOA 18 months from now.

Michael Shortt