[DeTomaso] Pantera gets SMASHED At Russo and Steele! :<(

jjd1010 at aol.com jjd1010 at aol.com
Sat Jan 23 11:04:19 EST 2010

I believe most insurance policies provide coverage for the purchase of  a
new car as long as you notify them within some period of time. I'm not sure
how this would work as to having a value for the car but at least you'd have
 some coverage.

The big problem with Panteras is that they have such low resale values
that insurance companies may not be willing to repair the car. Generally  when
the repair cost gets to around 65% of the value, they will total it  rather
than spend the effort to have it repaired.

(BTW, this is another reason why you need to have an "agreed value"
policy. Otherwise, the insurance company gets to use their value, even if you
have a "stated value" policy. And to get an idea of what their value will be,
all you have to do is go to ebay to see what the sold cars are going  for -
$30,000 average?)

Jeff
6559

In a message dated 1/22/2010 11:57:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,