[DeTomaso] BJ Pantera

tmshinro at aol.com tmshinro at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 16:02:41 EST 2010

 I saw the auction for the Pantera.   I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of commentary.   Nothing was said by the guy on the stage that typically points out things about the cars.   Bob Varsha first said "what a shape" when the car was rolled in.  Other comments talked about how modified Panteras are typically more valued than stock because the cars weren't built that will and De Tomaso didn't have the engineering resources to get it right prior to sale.   One of the commentators said he thought it was "neat" that the cars were sold by Lincoln Mercury.

Car looked good from what you could see, but I didn't care for the full length rub strip on the side of the car.

Tom