[DeTomaso] Barrett-Jackson

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 13:20:15 EST 2010

Personally, having attended BJ in Scottsdale on several occasions,  there
is nothing quite to compare.  It is an incredible event and  great way of
presenting and publicizing the most interesting and  prestigious of cars.
Having a Pantera on the block is excellent PR for our  marque; worth every penny
of the charges involved.  Remember their costs  range from TV coverage,
unbelievable amount of personnel, advertising,  entertainment, days of an entire
huge festival setting, hundreds  of vendors, exhibits galore, give aways,
many services, high  class catalogues and tents upon tents of beautiful cars
to view prior to the  auction.  I question what is wrong with a very well
organized and high  class money making operation in today's (still
capitalistic, at least for the  moment) society?
Laurie
Personally,  I would never buy/sell something at BJ.  With the heavy buyer
and  seller premiums and the $500 fee just to register as a bidder, it's
just
a  money making machine for BJ.  Not to mention the advertising
revenues.............Every half hour theres a "detailing tip" from Meguires

or something like that.

Ian