[DeTomaso] Interesting power plant

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:02:28 EST 2010

The BMW V10  engine is 5 litre  producing 550 hp with an 8250 rpm  red line
naturally aspirated and 10 individual throttle bodies DOHC the 2011
replacement will be a V8 with 600 hp and twin turbos. The interesting thing
is that the 2010 M5 powered by the V10  and the 500hp 4liter M3 were both
beaten on the* Nurburgring race track*  by the  *Cadillac* CTS-V  by a
whopping 9 seconds! with a modified version of the supercharged LS9 found in
the corvette ( the LSA with a supercharger that puts out slightly less boost
and produces 556 Hp and 551 torque vs the 638 HP from the LS9 and the 604 ft
lbs of torque that comes in the 2010 Corvette ZR1. It's amazing to me that
these pushrod engines are still competing and beating the European "super
cars" with their  super price tags and 9000 rpm redlines. It seems the
latest contenders are among the Viper, the Corvette and the Nissan  GTR .
 I have never been a Cadillac fan but I can't help think that it's super
cool the a caddy CTS-V is even in the running.
Boyd