[DeTomaso] What I like about my car

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:37:30 EST 2010

I couldn't wait. I went back down to the shop and the dead blower motor is now out. I had to drain out the coolant and undo (cut) the lines in the cabin but I have valves in my heater hoses back in the engine compartment so that was a cinch. All I had to drain was the heater core and cabin lines. Not a drop spilled on the carpet either. I did not have to undo the A/C lines so my charge of R12 remains intact. Actually the foam and air ducting hoses are intact but are kind of stiff. Now would be a good time to freshen them up. That black sticky insulation stuff that goes on the hose ends around the evaporator valve, etc. is in rough shape too. I know Eastwood sells that stuff.
I had a link to a source for a multispeed blower motor that I cannot find. Any suggestions?
I could use a A/C dash louver assy too.
Thanks.