[DeTomaso] What I like about my car

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Wed Jan 20 20:24:53 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/20/10 5:00:59 PM, lplugw at hotmail.com writes:

> Yesterday the windshield came out, today the dashboard is out and the
> heater box is staring back at me, tomorrow the dead blower motor will be in my
> hands. It's in the twenties and I'm already thinking about how great it
> will be to have A/C again, not to mention all the other little details I've
> got in mind.
> Whatever your intentions are this winter, if you haven't started yet, now
> is a good time.

Good for you. Larry! Dig in there!
Now that the dash is out there are two easy replacements: first, the paper
flex-tubes often used to guide defroster air, are usually destroyed by time.
They are easy to install if the dash is out and difficult if its in place.
The second is the square foam 'doughnuts' between the heater/AC box outlets
and the actual dadshboard. Impossible to replace with the dash in, simple
with it out. These things gasket the abysmally poor alignment between dash &
steel box, to guide the cold air coming out of the evaporator. They are
usually disintegrated. Both tubes & doughnuts are cheap to replace.
Good luck- J DeRyke