[DeTomaso] Epoxy in Injector Pockets????

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Jan 20 17:57:47 EST 2010

Generally speaking I'd say that if there's a press fit that doesn't leave any room for epoxy (which to me is the definition of a press fit) the epoxy does no good in that spot anyway. Any scraped off epoxy should end up around the edge of the hole acting as a sealant in case there's a passage for air around the pocket. My understanding is that the precision in shape of the hole is determined by the state of the drill/milling bit and the rigidity of the machine, not the method per se. It's hard to advise without seeing the parts but Göran said his parts have held up for many years. Maybe your shop knows what they're doing? ;-)

Tomas