[DeTomaso] More valvetrain for 6143

bfedoroff at twmi.rr.com bfedoroff at twmi.rr.com
Wed Jan 20 10:07:07 EST 2010

In the first photo, It almost looks like the lock nut is hitting the rocker arm?
I can see plenty of clearance on the #7 intake but not on #8.  The roller tip
must be allowed to sit flat on the valve tip and roll across it as it pushes on the
valve. I would bar the engine over and inspect every rocker arm as it moves.

Also, I'm not sure which valve covers you have but you need a way to deflect the
oil from the push rods back down into the roker arm.