[DeTomaso] More valvetrain for 6143

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed Jan 20 02:25:48 EST 2010

Not that it will help now, but this is exactly the reason why I think
the whole idea of guide plates is broken. A sloppy valve train guided by
some sheet metal pieces rubbing against the pushrods. Even the early
60:s Volvos had better designed (shaft mounted) rockers IMHO.

I have an hydraulic roller and use the Ford bolt down roller rockers,
shimmed to the proper preload. Everything is solidly mounted, and the
rockers can't bounce around all over the tip of the valve stem, and
there is nothing rubbing against anything.

They are only recommended for hydraulic lifters, but I guess one could
always make shims in various thicknesses and shim them to the correct
height for a solid cam.

Then again I was only wrenching small European engines when I was younger...

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21