[DeTomaso] More valvetrain for 6143

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Wed Jan 20 02:00:26 EST 2010

The pushrods are straight within my measurement limit, which is the
granite tops in the kitchen.
They also have a good spec - CompCams 7502 Magnum etc.
http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=7502-16&Category_Code=ClevelandPushrods

The rockers are  CompCams - BB ford, cleveland or BB chev
http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=1411-16&Category_Code=ClevelandRocker

The lifters should also be CompCams but I don't have one out yet.
The pushrod aperture is about 15/32",
Will a lifter come out through that??

OK the big news
#5, 6 & 7 are clean. The worst misalignment is no more than 0.050
#8 is a mess
- the exhaust lifter is OK but the exhaust valve is peened away across
half the top of the stem
- the intake valve is OK but the intake lifter has a big bloody pit
hammered in the roller and the rollershaft is bent.
Here's one guess.
    They threw it together and started it and it made a bitch of a racket.
     They pulled it apart and found they didn't have the #8 exhaust
pushrod in place and it had made a big mess,
     They swapped the intake & exhaust lifters and lined them up as best
they could in their @$#$-up state
        and got it to quiet down - then pushed it out the door

So looks like the head has to come off and I'll need a new exhaust valve
and a pair of lifters.
If anyone can imagine another choice for me I'm all ears.

Can't wait to see the left bank. (or the #8 exhaust lifter)
Looks like I won't have to worry about emissions testing for a while.

^%&#$#*&
dave