[DeTomaso] Clean battery cables

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:56:20 EST 2010

Sometimes there is an advantage to clearing out the computer also.

I've be given a couple of cars for "Italian Tune-ups". Well initially
to test and trouble-shoot.

Recently a 2001-2 Trans Am that was running poorly.
The owner has been putting to and from work (less than 10 miles) for over a year,
and noticed it stumbled and seemed way down on power and mileage.
I disconnected the battery to check some other things.  I had yet to do anything other
than the battery, and took it for a test drive.

It seemed better that his demo ride an hour earlier.
I then drove it "well" and after about 40 miles she was once again quit perky.

I added some stuff to the fuel just in case, but I believe it had "learned" his
"grand-pa dawg mode" and needed to re-learn or reload its performance mode.

He has been keeping her fit since as instructed, using the freeway onramps.

The point is, resetting the computer can do good, more than just resetting
the engine fault check codes.

Chuck