[DeTomaso] I need some advice from you Fordies

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Mon Jan 18 12:34:33 EST 2010

Dave

If you own a MIG, the task is relatively easy.  I removed my guideplate, cut
it in half with a sawzall.  Then refit the two pieces of the guideplate in
the head and align them so as the rocker's roller tip are dead center on the
valve stem tip.  Shielding the rest of the engine from potential weld
splatter, tack the guideplate with your MIG.  Then remove the guideplate and
finish your weld safely away from the engine.

I did do mine before the engine was in the car and it certainly made it more
accessible.  Remember to disconnect your MSD should you be using one.

JT