[DeTomaso] Removing glue-on mirrors

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Sun Jan 17 03:23:16 EST 2010

michaelsavga at gmail.com skrev:
> Each to his own. I like my glass mounted mirrors that did not require drilling into the doors and the image doesn't vibrate.   Anyway to remove them. Try a heat gun and some piano wire.  Then a razor blade to remove residual residue.  Michael shortt

Later cars, like my 1984 GT5, had glue on mirrors.

My mirror was slightly broken, and when mounted in the stock position I
could only see the rear wing in it. I replaced it with a nice glue on
mirror from a mid 90:s audi a6 and mounted it a bit lower, which gives
me a good view under the wing. Works very nice now and looks really tidy.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21