[DeTomaso] Removing glue-on mirrors

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Jan 16 20:17:32 EST 2010

I'd try 3M Adhesive Remover.  You can get it from your local Napa
store.  Comes in a square can, about a quart.  Just dribble some on the
adhesive between the mirror and glass, and let sit.  Dribble a little
more, let sit, dribble a little more, let sit and then carefully pull
the mirror away from the glass, working with more adhesive remover as
you go.

This stuff softens up the glue pretty well.  I used it last summer on
the headliner glue in the Pantera.  It worked well but was extremely
messy working overhead.  Doing a mirror should be a cake walk.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA