[DeTomaso] PI Carpet kit

Ed Pike erpike at ymail.com
Sat Jan 16 08:49:26 EST 2010

Will:

I just finished putting that kit in my car last week. It appears to be good quality carpet. All the edges are finished. It seemed to fit pretty good. As i remember the passenger side carpet was a bit narrow and the driver side a bit wide. It could be MY car that is off a bit (1974 L model) I was able to make it work without much modifying. The pass side piece for the fuse door was a little smaller than I would have liked but again not a big deal. I had them send the insulation as well and I had to use some of the old with some the new under the driver's feet to raise the bottom and get the carpet to tuck under the kick pad. If I had to do it again, I would use the kit again. You will have to cut holes for the seat mounting and seat belt mounting.

I like the look of the finished product. It is cut pile as opposed to a hook and loop. Looks real good. Time will tell as to how it holds up but I don't expect any issues.

Ed...