[DeTomaso] upright bearing spacer length ?

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:47:04 EST 2010

Mike, et. al.,

I dug my tool kit out of storage, but there are no spacers...
just the used axle nuts from the last job, and the flange retainers
for the next job.  You must have kept the stock spacers.  Next time we'll
know.

I do have the before/stock and the after/modified photos in the "tech answers"
article on the replacement of the rear axles with the bearing size change.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/AxleRearRnR.asp

But we didn't take a photo with a measure in the pic, something to remember next time.

(I checked the raw images folder too.)

I know this is documented somewhere, I just don't remember where.  Once known, I'll
add it to he mentioned article.

Chuck

I don't have a stock spacer with me at the moment, but there's one floating
around in the De Tomaso tool kit that I borrowed from Chuck Melton.
Chuck--how about you get your dial calipers out?

The good news is that the actual length of the spacer is very non-critical.
  It can probably vary by 1/8 or even 1/4 inch in length and still be
perfectly fine.   Much more important is that the face on either end is perfectly
flat.