[DeTomaso] solid lifters with oiling hole

Mike McDougal mdmcdougal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:15:59 EST 2010

 Yes Jack,  Im running those lifters.   My cam isnt really big but it is
agressive.   Solid lifter flat tappet.  It was speced for CHI 4V heads.  No
dyno # at this time.
             Lift   I .605    E  .588
  Dur at .020 I  .268   E  .273
 Dur at  .050 I  .239   E  .244
Separation   108

  Mike McDougal 3482

Message: 26
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:45:40 EST
From: jderyke at aol.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] A solid lifter with an oil path to the cam
       lobe?
To: kenn_green at yahoo.com, detomaso at realbig.com

In a message dated 1/13/10 10:12:28 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> Are these suppose to save the cam?
> ?
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330394313320

Yes- and/or the lifters. When it came out about 10 yrs ago, the idea was to
deliver a little oil right at the point of max load on the cam-lobe nose,
even though the hole actually oils the whole periphery of a lobe. The 0.020"
hole in all 16 lifters apparently doesn't cause much of a pressure drop;
I've not used them. Nowadays, builders also began using the same EDM idea to
deliver oil from roller lifters to one or both ends of roller cam axles. All
for reliability. Anyone using either solid of rollers with these oiling
holes? Curious- J Deryke