[DeTomaso] Guara Barchetta for sale in England, LHD

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 17:23:17 EST 2010

HAH!   Barchettas didn't come with them, but the Spider did.   This car is
mis-labelled as a Spider.

The Spider is, arguably, a rather nice car, looks good and the roof etc.
makes it fully weatherproof.

The Barchetta looks terribly unfinished to me.
***Looks unfinished I agree, and Mike and I were lucky enough to be handed
the keys to the Guara test car and the Factory Guara Barchetta for the day.

This was back when Mike's Drewsaster Touch was in full swing (I think he's
gotten over that phase perhaps??) as he touched the gearshift in the
Barchetta and it promptly came off in his hand. The Barchetta was a blast to
drive in 2nd and 3rd gear, as we spent most of the day in the mountains in
the outskirts of Modena, but on the highway it was horrible. You have to
wear a helmet, and your head gets beat up by the wind at highway speed. It
was a 6-speed but there was NOOOOO way to stretch the legs of the car or it
would rip your head off!