[DeTomaso] Weber manifold question

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 00:44:11 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/13/10 21 06 53, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I'm not sure how comfortable everyone is with parts made by Pro Comp.
> They seem to do a lot of knock offs.  But for some reason, they make a lot of
> 351C stuff.  They must have something set up in China (or ?) for low cost
> production.  If there was enough interest, I think they would cast a 351C
> cross ram manifold.  Maybe get a vendor involved and a few people for an
> initial buy to get it rolling?

Their stuff is absolute garbage.   I wouldn't put Pro Comp parts on a
shopping cart.   If you search internet forums you'll just read one first-person
horror story after another.   It's a rather evil company, that apparently
has no R&D department of their own.   They just take other manufacturer's
existing products, ship them to China and then have cheap copies made, poorly.

Dan Jones tested a set of Pro-Comp 351C heads as part of his dyno project.
 They were abysmal.....

Your idea has general merit, but it would have to be a quality manufacturer
in order to fly.