[DeTomaso] Weber manifold question

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:18:53 EST 2010

I assume you are talking IDA here and not IDF? Either way the 302 manifold is designed for a 8.2" deck height, the Cleveland is 9.2" so the valley's are quite considerable different width, plus the 302 will be a wet manifold with the t-stat etc. whereas the Cleveland is dry.

What you need for the C302B heads is a Cleveland high port Weber manifold, I think they are still available from Hall for around $650 or Kelley Coffield was casting them at one point for use with his EFI systems.

Now there is a manifold previously made by Cain in Australia in the IDF pattern that sits the 48IDF carbs low enough that they would fit under the decklid and screen, so no cuting of decklid as necessary with IDA's. This manifold is currently rarer than rocking horse s*it, however Aussiespeed are supposed to be recasting it in the very near future....like February at last contact.

Better still go the next step and install a full EFI system.

Julain