[DeTomaso] Flat crank V8

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 13 12:32:13 EST 2010

Except the faster you turn an engine, the harder it is to keep the valves from bouncing.

Of course, I know you know that - Dr. Dan.

I'm just pointing out that a stroker is easier on the valve train - and oiling too.

I've often considered a 331 or 347 stroker, but a 377 or 408 stroker always wins out.  A 377 has the advantage of working with a stock crank.  If you're going with a new crank, you may as well do a 408 - unless you have a 9.5 deck block, then do a 427.

I'm not saying a stroker is always better.  I'm just saying when I mull it over, personally, I always go back to a 351C based stroker.