[DeTomaso] Gates Hose

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Wed Jan 13 02:22:59 EST 2010

I was in a hurry when I replaced my cooling tubes and didn't think I would notice any difference between the gold and white stripe NAPA stick hose, so I purchased the white stripe...it's one step down from the gold...but still has a working pressure of 90 psi as I recall. I believe the Gold stripe has a working pressure of 110 PSI. The white is a little more flexible so its easier to work with. Realistically 90 psi hose should be way more than enough considering that the radiator cap is 16 psi. I will probably see the radiator blow, or the rusted heater tubes running up the console or the heater core blow before the hose if the system ever sees 90 psi.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich