[DeTomaso] Flat crank V8

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Jan 13 02:16:53 EST 2010

I have been destroking Clevelands in the 80:s for dragracing, in order to
get better rod ratio that lessen cylinder side load for the Cleveland. We
used 3,3" stroke.

I had tha Boss Transam engine myself in my Pantera in the 80:s, bought
from Falconeer Dun. It is in the Ford parts book for homologation rated at
9000 rpm as an original Ford engine, probably the highes ever in a
catalog. It was NOT original rotating assambly.

The bottom of that engine will not grenade, the problem is the pushrod
design for street use.

If we not calculate high and use 90% Ve, a 302 engine will produce 502Hp
at 8000 rpm. A 351 will produce 505 hp at 7100 rpm under the same
circumstances.
Goran