[DeTomaso] Speed Camera Tickets Not Valid?

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 12 22:55:22 EST 2010

I agree.  In general, I don't like speed limits.  They are abused as a revenue generator, plus they're not an accurate measure of safety.

I don't know of any agencies that are handing out speeding tickets based on entry/exit times.  I'm not saying they don't exist.  I just don't know about them.  I'm sure they can - legally.  If they know you entered at one time, and exited at another, it should be pretty straightforward.  Fortunately, most attendants are not deputized? police?  whatever.  They don't have the authority to write tickets.

I *really* hope we don't start getting speeding cameras.  You can scan me all you want when I get on the airplane.  Take pics of me.  Post 'em on the internet.  Frisk me.  Really.  Frisk me.  Not you Mad Dawg.  I don't call that invasive.  When the gov't starts putting cameras on the roadway and starts sending automated speeding tickets - I call that invasive.