[DeTomaso] GATES GREEN STRIP WATER HOSE

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Tue Jan 12 18:41:37 EST 2010

In a semi-related matter:  The port on my Edelbrock Victor Series water pump
is even bigger than 1 1/2, but surprisingly, I was able to take a length of
straight hose, heat it slightly with a map torch and force it over a mandrel
which resulted in a permanent enlargement.  Sounds worse than it was.  I had
only intended to temporarily bellmouth the end, but it neatly formed and
remained permanent. No melting, burning, or other nasty results.