[DeTomaso] Speed Camera Tickets Not Valid?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:26:22 EST 2010

There are an estimated 2.5 million CCTV cameras in use in the UK, not only on the road but all public places. They are there for the publics health & safety.......yeah right.

The most recent advancements are digital cameras giving higher resolution, ease of placement and the now common use of 'average speed' cameras so that knowing where the camera is and slowing down is no longer sufficient as they will measure the elapsed time and average speed between cameras over long distances.

Receiving tickets with a snapshot photo in the mail was common place in the 90's before I left the UK and you are presumed guilty until you can prove your innocence. There were also quite a few instances of the photo's showing someone other than the wife/partner in the car, which led to more than a few divorce cases.

Julian